Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Accept that new job -- the right way


  1. Start well
  2. Restate the fine print
  3. Ask for clarification
  4. Keep it short
  5. End on a positive tone

A sample letter

Dear Mr Sharma,

Thank you for offering me the position of marketing manager.
I would be willing to join the organisation effective January 5, 2006. I would like to restate the following terms and conditions agreed upon during our final meeting:

As agreed, the total CTC (cost to the company) would be INR 5 lakhs per annum.

  • I would be based out of Mumbai and would be provided relocation expenses.
  • The company would offer me boarding and lodging for the first 15 days.
  • I would be entitled to performance based bonuses after six months of probation.
  • I would request a clarification on the following:
  • The medical insurance policy offered to the employee and the dependent family members.
  • The annual leave and carry forward policies.

Please let me know what would be a convenient time to call you and discuss the same.
Looking forward to joining the team at XYZ (name of the company).

Yours sincerely,
Vilas Malik(M)
XXXX
Address

I visited to Egypt from 13th January to 17th January 2007. This Tour was oragnised by my company Talentica and we were 39 people in group. It was a wonderful memory of our trip to Egypt. Below is the link of some pictures taken during trip.






No comments: